Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend recap and Capital One Cup

Hello guys,

After the end of the weekend it is time for a recap. Well, it might seem somewhat arrogant, but with six out of seven bets on EPL won and a very solid profit in the bank, I can say it was a cracking weekend! I sincerely hope someone followed, cause after the good Saturday with three out of four bets won, the Sunday was even better with all three bets coming my way. As I expected it was a cracking Merseyside derby and my bet on both teams to score was won in the middle of the first half. The same happened in the game between Southampton and Spurs with Bale scoring in the 15th minute and winning my unorthodox bet, based on the fact he had a kid :) The only concern was Newcastle, but a lucky goal from Cisse deep in the game meant all bets for the day won :) I wish all weekends were like that and now the stats are getting better and better. After the first 17 bets on this blog the ROI reached the fantastic 133.25%! Of course I do not expect more than 115% in the long term, but who knows :) Enough with the past though, it is time to look in the future and this week we have Capital One Cup:


Pick 18
Event: Leeds - Southampton
Pick: Leeds to win
Odds: 2.62 @ Pinnacle
Stake: 5/10
Analysis: Both teams are not in their best shape recently, but my bet here is based purely on different approach to this cup between lower league teams and Premiership clubs. Leeds will be willing the win more and they managed to beat at home a very good team like Everton in the last round. Southampton, on the other hand, will be thinking mostly about the Premier League, where they are struggling a lot and I am sure the manager Nigel Adkins won't be too bothered about the Capital One Cup. Medium stakes since I don't really like this competition.

I think Adkins will be thinking more about the Premier League.


Pick 19
Event: Wigan - Bradford
Pick: Wigan -1EH
Odds: 1.91 @ 888sport
Stake: 6/10
Analysis: This pick is based purely on the huge difference in class between League 2 and the Premier League and the fact Wigan are better in attack than in defense. I don't think the visitors will be able to put them under pressure, and I expect Wigan to create plenty of chances, so a medium stake here too.

Tomorrow I will post some more picks, good luck everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment