Thursday, October 25, 2012

CL recap and two more picks for Europa League

Hello guys,

The second day of the Champions League competition wasn't very good with two picks lost and one won. PSG did the job and won 2:0 which made a decent profit, but Arsenal and City both lost their matches and the end result of the first four picks is a small profit. I probably shouldn't have bet on Arsenal, but their home record in Europe mislead me. As for City, clearly they are currently just a domestic side, very surprising considering the amount of world class players they have though.
I hope for a better luck today with Europa League and I have two more picks for the competition:

Pick 9
Event: Atletico Madrid - Academica
Pick: Atletico to win to nil
Odds: 1.83 @ SkyBet
Stake: 10/10
Analysis: Everybody expect the very solid Atletico to win at home against Academica and I think the same. However, the odds for that are quite low and are not worth the shot imo. On the other hand, the solid defense of the Spaniards recently makes me think they should be able to keep a clean sheet and is the reason I am taking the 1.83 for a win to nil at SkyBet. Academica have scored in most of their recent games, but still they haven't faced such a good team as Atletico and that makes me think the hosts should be able to do the job.

The man is flying, but I hope the defense does the job tonight.


Pick 10
Event: Inter Milan - Partizan
Pick: Under 2.5 goals
Odds: 2.12 @ Pinnacle
Stake: 8/10
Analysis: I feel Partizan will go to Italy and try to get a point with deep defense. The Italians are not doing very well upfront and I don't think they will be able to cover the line themselves and Partizan are also rather weak. My only concern is an early goal, but hopefully there won't be any, so I will try this bet.

This is it for today, good luck everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment