Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Champions League picks

Hi guys,
I was trying to find another pick for Tuesday and had some ideas yesterday, but at the end I decided I'll skip them and stick with my only pick for Olympiacos. Despite a tough start the Greeks managed to win against Arsenal which meant my bet on them +0.25AH was fully won. Today there are more Champions League games and I think there are some value bets out there:

Pick 76
Event: Manchester United - Cluj
Pick: Under 1.25 goals in the first half
Odds: 1.78 @ Ladbrokes
Stake: 5/10
Analysis: Well, Man Utd already won this group and if you add to this the derby against Man City on Sunday there is no doubt they will field a very weakened side with a lot of youngsters and second string players. However, Alex Ferguson insisted that his main concern is the defense and he will demand a better defending from his side in this game. Add to the fact the hosts will miss their most dangerous players and it looks like the under is quite possible, but since Cluj might be desperate towards the ends of this match, I think the line of 1.25 for the first half is the safest option.

Pick 77
Event: Celtik - Spartak Moscow
Pick: Spartak Moscow +1 AH
Odds: 1.69 @ 188bet
Stake: 6/10
Analysis: Everyone is expecting Celtic to win this game, since the Russians are playing for nothing and the hosts will surely qualify, if they win it, since Benfica is visiting Barcelona. However, there are some details that make me wanna bet on the Russians. One of them is that Celtic were never in a spot when they have to attack, their best performances came when they were sitting back and waiting on a counter. Also, if Barcelona is winning against Benfica a draw will be enough for the hosts to qualify. This is why I think the Russians can take something from this game, but still I am taking a safe option which returns my money if they lose by a single goal.


These are my bets for today, I was thinking about the draw in Ukraine, where Skakhtar and Juve can dump Chelsea, but my gut feeling is that the hosts don't really need the draw, which makes the game more unpredictable than it seems. I think I might try some live betting there.
When I mentioned live betting - there is currently a pole in the top right corner, some of you even already voted. I am thinking about having live updates during EPL match days with some possible live bets. If you like the idea vote for it, if you don't - vote against it, as simple as that.
Good luck everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment